Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, October 17, 2016

DECISION POINT (photo) & A DIFFERENCE IN VISIONS (dream tanka trio) by Roswila


A DIFFERENCE IN VISIONS

she says she's taking
me to have my cataracts removed
and footing the bill
I'm quite surprised to say the least
as this gift comes out of nowhere

we approach the steep
stairs down to the street as our ride
will be coming soon,
while I deeply doubt I can get down them
she asks about my recovery needs

I want to accept
this hugely generous windfall
but can I manage?
I'm all too aware of my limitations,
while she sees only what needs to be done


[tanka trio on a dream of 10-16-16. I kept singing snatches of "Your Eyes Are the Eyes of a Woman In Love", from the musical "Guys & Dolls" (the link is to a music video of the movie version). The idea of correcting/fixing my vision is multi-layered. I.e., not limited to but certainly encompassing the romantic, as the song would imply. Not to mention that my actual cataracts are becoming increasingly annoying. Photo "Decision Point" (10-15-16 017v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home