Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, October 27, 2016

CONNECTING UP (photomorph) & A LIFETIME OF MUSIC (free verse dream inspired poem) by Roswila


A LIFETIME OF MUSIC

all this singing out
from an abandoned soul
searching the world
for the mate
she's never had
this song bird whose breast
bursts with a lifetime
of music that falls
has always fallen
on deaf ears
yet
hope won't let her be
won't allow her to stop
serenading indifference
won't quit tugging the tunes
and lyrics out of her
day and night
waking and sleeping
like a silver fish hook
only to land them
in the spreading void
is it any wonder she's begun
to harbor a deep dislike
for this hope that keeps
her singing out even
as it slowly destroys her


[free verse poem taking off from a night of singing in my sleep [10-26-16]. I was mostly singing "The Skye Boat Song" [currently the theme song for the T.V. show "The Outlander"]. The last line of the lyrics is exactly where this poem is going: "and all that is me is gone." I also sang bits of another lovely old Scottish song "Wild Mountain Thyme" that always makes me want to cry. There'd been other songs earlier in my sleep last night that I was singing snatches from which I don't now recall. (AhHAH, as I typed that I recalled one of them was the country song "Today I Started Loving You Again.") But I do know they were all sad. Photomorph "Connecting Up" (3-27-10 8678v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home