Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, January 10, 2016

SKIRTING THE WALL (photo) & IT'S ABOUT TIME... (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


IT'S ABOUT TIME...

their comments on my blog post
climb my computer screen
like a time lapse video of ivy
up a winter wall

my latest response to theirs
ostensibly a clarification:
"It's actually about time..."
but which way that's intended
is not clear, even to me

and that image of ivy has taken over
my inner view, hanging there,
dark green against a cold blank wall

I wonder if I should edit this photo,
some warming yellow? no, it's winter,
increase the contrast? but why,
the shapes stand out just fine,
and then I write in my mind,
"like three pointed stars
frozen on the wall"

can't I ever leave anything
well enough alone?
ah well, so be it, how best to continue
to write poetry about this moment,
with all that's unseen, unknown,
the ivy invisibly busy inside
with photosynthesis while finding
holds in the stone wall my eye
can't even see, and then there's the wall's
hidden minute crumblings as it ages

it's been said to stay
with the unembellished mystery
of any given moment, but I've always
felt that to be an herculean task

a bit like finding foot- and hand holds
on a sheer concrete wall


[free verse poem on a dream of 1-9-16. Photo "Skirting the Wall" (5-27-15 024v2c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home