Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, January 08, 2016

LIFE BENEATH THE ICE (photomorph) & MONOLOGUE FROM A PLAY ABOUT CONSENSUS (dream monologue) by Roswila


MONOLOGUE FROM A PLAY ABOUT CONSENSUS

Uh oh, it's happening again! (he grouses
to himself) She's clearly in a different reality
than I am and from what she's saying
so's the rest of this small lakeside town

H-e-double-hockey-sticks! I'm not sick!
And it's not two degrees on this dock,
nor is the water so cold it can be rolled
into beach ball sized shapes for transport
(he continues to mutter in his mind
as he paces agitatedly, fanning his hot face)

Yeah, I finally get it, Reality.By.Consensus.
and when one hasn't consented one is screwed
(she hesitates, fearful he's becoming violent)

I'm in a tiny pocket of summer to their
pervasive winter, I'm healthy and ready to dive
off this dock into the lake for a cooling swim,
while she's urging me into a heavily blanketed
sick bed in obvious fear for my well-being
(he stalls her renewed aggressive concern
for a moment by standing still as if
beginning to consider what she's saying)

The only solution? (he mumbles beneath
his breath, prompting a puzzled look
from her) Well, for someone like me
with no desire or ability to create
a Consensus to fit my reality, the way
forward's to become a bit of a chameleon,
to stop fighting the current Consensus,
to behave in ways that give no clue
to my own reality (she sighs with relief,
thinking she's won him over)

Yup, it'll be a wild ride (he continues
to mutter in his mind), one foot
in their world and the other in my own
but I'd rather my imperceptible
balancing act between two realities,
than an on-going battle
against their need to deny my own


[monologue on a dream of 1-7-16. Photomorph "Life Beneath the Ice" (3-21-15 020v9b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home