Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

BOWING TO THE INEVITABLE (photomorph) & ON FAILING (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


ON FAILING

the question today
about a fresh dream, well, really
there are two questions:
why are we back on a job,
and our ages so inaccurate?

he's left retirement,
though older than Methuselah,
and he's still the boss,
while I'm younger than I've ever
been when working as a temp

third question alert!
why does he give met yet another
nearly impossible
task to complete, just like he
always did, back in the day

it doesn't make me
feel any better when he adds
"You know, if you'd failed
even once, I'd not give you this sort
of chore anymore" and he totters away

talk about blaming the victim! yet I still
can't even dream of allowing for failure


[four tanka capped by a two-liner on a dream of 10-26-15. Yep, I'm having a hard time with the sort of "failure" we face as we get older and older. E.g., I've been staring getting help with housecleaning in the face for some time, and still refusing to. This piece could as readily have been titled "On Pride." What a pair I am (yes, I mean that) in this dream. The demanding, blaming old boss, and the one who insists she's younger and more capable than she is. BTW, the comment in the next to last stanza was first made to me by an actual boss many, many years ago. Though I did not recall this as I was dreaming. Photomorph "Bowing to the Inevitable" (7-12-15 004v2e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home