Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, June 08, 2015

STARLIGHT IN MOTION (photo) & ANOTHER DAY (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


ANOTHER DAY

the highly touted
tai chi class is in the stacks
of the library?
well, who am I to question,
not having practiced in decades

but I still find it
puzzling, as only students
at the very front
won't have their views mostly
blocked by these tall wood shelves

and the scheduling!
we've been waiting for an hour,
regulars don't find
this a problem, adding their belief
it's a way to prove commitment

at last the teacher
starts, with one of the hardest
moves to accomplish,
one the requires a head stand,
and then promptly takes a long break!

sigh, though there may be something here for me to learn,
how something is taught matters even more to me

maybe I'll come back another day and explore through
the vast variety of books on these lovely wood shelves


[tanka series capped by two two-liners on a dream of 5-25-15. This feels like a mash-up of "The Emperor's New Clothes" and that old Marshall McLuhan quote "The medium is the message." BTW, I did actually take Tai Chi classes (I think I recall it was the "long form" being taught) decades back. And I enjoyed the names of the various sections, almost as much as the fluid slow motions. E.g. "the fairy weaving at the shuttle" or "taking the tiger to the mountain." Photomorph "Starlight In Motion" (4-25-11 10768v10a) by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS):

But first, a request: please let me know of any typos or other sorts of blunders in my posts. As my eyes age I'm finding more mistakes are creeping into what I put up here no matter how many times I proof it all. Thanks for any help!

The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, monoku, free verse, dream narratives -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to relate to any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not. (This all applies to any of the non-dream poems posted here, too.)

Also please note that a dream poem or narrative is not intended as an interpretation of a dream, or even a complete and accurate rendering of one. It is my attempt to get down dream imagery/action that grabs me and, as I write about it, elicits my conscious written association and response. Nor do I believe that one has to remember dreams in order for them to do their work. In my understanding, we are much more than our conscious selves.

You may also note in any further reading on dreamku (the specific forms of dreamku, tanka, two-liners and monoku) you may do here, that in the beginning I stressed "showing, not telling." However, this has been changing for some time. I now tend to "show" (the dream story) and cap if off with a "tell" (some reaction and/or insight I've had to the dream as I was writing about it). This also pretty much applies to my free verse dream poems as well. As to what I have begun calling dream narratives, they are a different animal, probably most akin to prose poems.

For more in-depth exploration of the dreamku forms specifically and one post in which I also address my photo choices:

-- very brief comparison of dreamku and haiku: DREAMKU ARE NOT HAIKU

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a short up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,







If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home