Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

CAN YOU SEE ME NOW? (photomorph) & GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT

once a Bachlorette*
and now coupled with a handsome
but quite quirky man,
she barges into
my dream without a care
for what might be going on

please, she urges,
can you help me find a job?
I've been unemployed
for way too long, I simply
must find any sort of work

I quell my pique
at her rudeness, after all
I endured the same
dearth of work for two years
in New York City after 9/11**

even as I think
to reassure her that she will
find a job, I grouse:
and what about her handsome man?
isn't he both work and reward enough?

however, it does
seem she's at a crossroads,
yet isn't that just
what each minute holds, choices
for which next step to take?

and my next step might best be away from envy
that she's found a coupling that works for her,

toward gainfully employing my own next
breaths embracing compassion for us both

might she and I work together sisters under the skin


[tanka series capped by two two-liners and a (rather long) monoku on a dream of 5-30-15. *I just knew she'd recently been on that T.V. show of the same name (that I never watch, not my cup of tea). **I did actually live in NYC at that time and was unemployed along with a lot of other folk as the city's economy took a huge hit, too. As to the rest of the dream, I do think there's a genuine plea from at least two different aspects of myself that are feeling ignored or underutilized. Beyond that, it's one of those chock full dreams that unfolds in a new direction with every associative tug. Photomorph "Can You See Me Now?" (9-1310 10014v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home