Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

POP! (photomorph) GAMING WITH PLOSIVES (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


GAMING WITH PLOSIVES

precious babies! paintings of birds! bright butterflies!
hm, can I fit in any more plosives?

let's see! ah, that boy with a beaming face ... well,
not really a boy, just a very young man but he's still
not given birth to that baby that was about to burst
from him in that dream a couple nights ago

(hey, so what if I'm playing with plosives, I woke
in a peckish mood and find the game pacifying)

then there's that parade of people from both my past
and present, one of my longest standing pals
pestering me to take a group picture of them
with my new high pixel count camera

a perennial patsy, I agree to do it, even though
I have to do it blind (don't ask, any explanation
would just be so much blurbling, I'm sure)
which casts a bit of a pall over
the usually fun process for me

it's good that dreams need not sound plausible
because then I have to call that pal, that pesky
buddy who'd gotten me to snap the picture,
to even find out if I'd pinned them all properly
within the shot's parameters

but lo and behold! a belligerent switchboard
operator just keeps balking like a mule
not willing to plug me in to that pal out of my past,
while I hang on to my temper as if I were perched
precariously on a bucking bronco, persistently
refusing to lose my grip

but the dream pops like a proverbial bubble
and I'm left to bumble my way back around
through this game of plosives to the same
preposterous and ultimately befuddling stand-off


[free verse poem (kinda, sorta -- might better be called a narrative?) on a lengthy dream of 2-2-15. Photomorph "POP!" (8-7-14 002v25) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home