Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, February 02, 2015

MOONLIGHT RAMBLE (photomorph) & ON BEING LOST (dream narrative) by Roswila


ON BEING LOST

that old cow path, Broadway, pretty much
defines one edge of this artsy village
and as ever I have no idea how to find
my way around the even more twisty
little streets that branch from it
especially at night with all these
tourists wandering around
probably as lost as I

and as ever I ask someone which way
is north, for then all I have to do is
start walking that way and I'll eventually
come out onto city streets laid down
in that sensible grid the vast majority
of Manhattan is built in

however north is not the way I'm shown
and I wind up walking deeper into
unknown territory where no tourists
have wandered, nor even it seems residents
for the street is empty, the store fronts
closed and dark, with only the moonlight
glinting off an occasional window

I come to a single sidewalk café table
with one customer sitting at it
the waiter turns as I pass by
insisting very nicely that I join
the vague figure sitting there
and asking for my order
all in one breath

it seems the restaurant is just opening
for the first time tonight, is not even
really finished being built much less
decorated which is clear as I look
after the retreating waiter then sit
across from the shadowy person
at the small round table

the waiter calls back over his shoulder
that I should try a large plate
of their delicious pasta dish
I don't know which makes me more
uncomfortable, the closed down
person across from me or the idea
of taking a chance on a pasta dish
stimulating a huge appetite

I decide to get up and keep on walking
it seems I'm not as lost as I think I am
I know the company I'm willing
to keep and what I want

far better guides than I've had in the past


[narrative on a dream of 2-1-15. This dream was set in Greenwich Village, an artsy small corner of New York City's borough of Manhattan, whose streets are as difficult to navigate as described in the dream. At least to me, who never got to really know them in all my decades of living in that city. Unlike my dear friend still living in New York, who knows them like the back of her own hand. I hasten to add, though, that it was fun to wander those streets and explore the shops even without a knowledgeable guide. Also, Broadway was actually a cow path back in colonial times, with the bulk of the borough neatly and sensibly laid down later in a grid. And last but most certainly not least, I was delighted with that choice made re: what not to eat. Seems my changed food "life style" (if you will) has taken deep root if it's showing up in a dream. (BTW, I've now lost 80 lbs.) Photomorph "Moonlight Ramble" (3-21-10 10013ev6a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,







[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home