Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, January 24, 2015

STARLIGHT BRIDGE (photomorph) & WHAT WE DO (dream narrative) by Roswila


WHAT WE DO

my long-time friend and I
go into a break room of the large
urban hospital complex that we work in
and start chanting:

ohm ohm ohm give peace a chance

several times through I try singing
the harmony line of the simple
melody but that just seems
to confuse my friend, who then
begins the next round on an entirely
different pitch, leaving me to flounder
around for the right harmony

I give up on being fancy at last
realizing that the repetition
of these words
is what really matters
and settle with her into a calming
same pitch chant that swirls
around us and the room

a dark haired young worker leans
briefly through the doorway of the room
whispering that he now knows why
this floor of the hospital
has such a high rate of recovery

I'm puzzled at first since my friend
and I are chanting for our own
well-being, then recall The Star's*
message that what we do to help
ourselves also benefits others


[narrative on a dream of 1-23-15. *The Star = a card in the Tarot; that message at the end is one of the many meanings for this card. I'd fallen asleep for the second night in a row asking my dreams to explore a certain deeply disturbing personal conflict I've been having. This dream was a surprising and slant, yet quite apt response to that request. There was another dream but I'll probably post on that one tomorrow, that also addressed my before sleep request of my dream world. BTW, I "heard" that chanting/singing as I was dreaming, and also felt as if I were actually doing it. As opposed to how more frequently in dreams I just know something is happening, i.e. don't feel as if I'm actually experiencing it. Photomorph "Starlight Bridge" (10-3-09 7273v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home