Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

LOOKING BACK (photomorph) & SNOWY TRIO (non-dream haiku) by Roswila


SNOWY TRIO

down the snow pile
into the street
skiing bag of trash

* * * *

"Kiss Me I'm Irish!"
the button on the snow
shoveller's parka

* * * *

by the frosted window
I await the sight of your face
the sun always returns


[three haiku (non-dream) from winter 2007, March 2007, and early 1990's, respectively. I'm posting these in solidarity, if you will, with all my friends living in the snowed-under northeast. They were written when I was still living in New York City. The first two during my last winter there. (For all you spelling whizzes out there -- I'm definitely not one of you -- "shoveller" is correct. With a single "l" it's a type of bird. Had to Google it as spell check doesn't like either spelling.) Photomorph "Looking Back" (8-25-13 007v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,







[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 12:58 PM , Blogger LGD said...

Love the photo-art. Art-photo? Photart? Oops, not that.

Noting that the garbage bag is skiing makes the comedy come out :)

So much to say about the third piece. Needing the sun to clear the frost before you can see, the sun as the face looked for instead of a human visitor; this one goes on and on...

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

I'm more than usually pleased you like that third piece. :-) It's one I've always been fond of that's been rejected for publication several times. And you have commented on exactly what I've liked about it, how it's possibilities keep developing. (I was actually waiting for a dear friend, so there you have another level to it.) BTW, I didn't write it to be multi-level, it just grew that way. Which is how I think the most moving haiku -- any poetry really -- almost always does. I.e., only after the writing do some layers reveal themselves. Oh, I call photos like this one "photomorphs." Though your "photart" might be more appropriate in some cases like this one. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home