Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, February 13, 2015

ABOVE THE FRAY (photo) & WHEN THINGS FALL APART (pair of dream narrative poems) by Roswila


WHEN THINGS FALL APART

dream one:

there's an explosion on one end
of the intergenerational star ship
startling all of us who've grown up
on this ship, never in fact known
any other world, into a stampede
down the endless corridor away
from encroaching vacuum

a tiny blonde toddler girl is swept
off her feet in the crush of those
around her and does not get up
I know I cannot fight the tide
of people rushing in panic
to go back and get her
I can barely stay upright
and running myself

then miraculously she's darting
along right next to me and I lift
her immediately into my arms
bundling her against one shoulder
and keep on fleeing

no child, much less one so tiny
and young, should have to struggle
alone just to stay alive


dream two:

what the blazes is wrong with my copier?

these repair guys are taking forever
and why all the newfangled stuff
they seem to want to install?

I haven't requested any upgrades, all I want
is my printer in working order again

and that young Mexican American boy
on the carpet, dabbing at that ink spill
what's he up to? each dab he makes
actually leaves a small dark mark
like the silhouette of a tiny curved leaf

and why does he keep cocking his head
again and again, pausing each time
like an artist examining his new painting
for patterns to play with


[narrative poems on two of the dreams from 2-12-15. Photo "Above the Fray" (2-12-15 001v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home