Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, June 26, 2014

WATERCOLOR MOON (photo art) & THE COLORS OF NIGHT (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE COLORS OF NIGHT

the colors of night are caught up on my eyes
as I fly by new scene after scene
no feathers, no struts, no magical spells
just the veiling of colors and night

a young boy flies past crying out in delight
as he glides through the dawning day,
thin arms and small shoulders
aflutter with filmy blue sails

can you see me, he cries,
can you see what I'm doing,
I'm flying as high as the tallest of palms,
and as far as the sun and the cranes

I hear you, dear boy, I hear you
but the colors of night
are caught up on my eyes
and your darling young visage is fading

forgive me, dear child of my longing,
for flying away from your shining
but the colors of night
have always been caught on my eyes


[free verse poem on a dream of 6-25-14. The line "the colors of night are caught up on my eyes" is from the dream verbatim. And I think it's the rhythm in that line that prompted me to work very rhythmically in this entire poem. Since the piece is not written in any established form or consistent rhythm it may very well not work for anyone's ear but my own. Photo art "Watercolor Moon" 6-19-14 1010061ev8) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home