Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, June 08, 2014

NO WAY IN (photo art) & THE KEYS TO IT ALL (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE KEYS TO IT ALL

ah hah! so that's why she's visiting me
after all these years: to let me know
she's being stalked by a known
serial killer of women

well, yes, it's unthinkable
that she's between the crosshairs
of such an awful creature,
but as always there'd been no contact
at all from her until she needed
something from me

yet I hug her long and close,
love still living beneath
my accumulated cynical crust,
and ask her to tell me
about the massive chain
of keys she'd mailed to me,
labeled "backup copies"

she carefully points to key after key
on the heavy necklace-size chain,
telling me what door or window
each is for in her new house

by the time she's completed
this dark rosary I feel as if I've
taken a tour of the home
she fled to in secret to try
to shake off her stalker

no, nothing much has changed,
beyond her being stalked,
for like the house to which
this huge jingling key ring
belongs, she's always been
locked up inside in fear


[free verse poem on a dream of 6-7-14. This dream offered a possible insight into one particular person in my life, and maybe others. But I hasten to add that the final point may apply as much and maybe more to me as to anyone else. Of course, there's the fact that I was given all those keys. I'll be pondering that for some time to come. Photo art "No Way In" (9-13-10 10081v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home