Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, March 08, 2014

THE HATCHING (photo art) & THE STYGIAN CAVE (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE STYGIAN CAVE

we'll never get out of this stygian cave!
how will he and I ever get past
these huge hatching worm-like
horrors crowding the entrance?

I've done something I don't even
want to think about that's cleared
the cave opening of the adult threats,
but we'll still have to force
our ways between the piles
of obnoxious pulsing eggs

"Ah, my friend," I say, "the way out
is lightless and so mobbed with hatching
mounds we'll just have to feel
our way along, and walk very carefully
letting our feet be our eyes"


[free verse poem on a dream of 3-7-14. This one's chock full, and with more than eggs! For starters, I think of the expression "walking on eggs" and, in a good way, of my friend who gets eggs for me regularly. Then I think of the necessity of "being grounded," having one's feet firmly on the ground, being energetically connected to the earth. But I think the deepest resonance for me here is to the astrology sign Pisces ruling the feet. (Each sign rules a different part of the body.) Pisces rules the subconscious and dreams, and is said to be strongly intuitive and highly receptive to the collective unconscious. The upshot of all this (and everything else I see that I'm not listing here)? I've managed to "clear my path" of some threats but a lot is still in the dark. And new issues are always hatching. Overall I hear from this dream that, more than ever, I may need to follow my intuition as things won't be clear or easy. And I like that I have a friend with me in this dream. Oh, and why does a sun sign Capricorn relate so to Pisces, which sign does not appear anywhere in her chart? Because Neptune -- the ruling planet for Pisces -- heavily influences my chart, sitting right on my rising. In fact, I was told by an astrologer that I'm more like a watery Piscean in many ways than an earthy Capricorn with an earthy Taurus Moon. By the way, none of these astrology references should be taken to mean that I "believe" in the system. Astrology acts for me the way Tarot images do, amplifying and clarifying my intuitions and leanings so that I may more readily and appropriately respond to them. Photo art "The Hatching" (12-24-13 017v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[aka: Patricia Kelly]


**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home