Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, March 07, 2013

NIGHT WORK (photo) & A NIGHT OF GIFTS (double dreamku series) by Roswila



A NIGHT OF GIFTS

Dream One:

time’s short for packing
I stuff my dark carry-on
to the very hilt
an American Indian leans
toward me out of nowhere

he hovers like a memory or vision
anxious to give me what he’s holding

he says he’s finally
received clues to what he’s meant
to do in this life
and why and how he came
to be here to begin with

I can’t quite hear what the final clue’s about
he slips the four-pronged gift into my bag


Dream Two:

they tell me sadly
that the man is dying,
to say my good-byes

I find him resting
outdoors by the shadowy edge
of a dense dark wood
a redwood stands by him
a doorway through its trunk

one by one, deep forest
creatures come through the door
each stands briefly
embraced by the redwood’s portal
then fades back into shadow

their gentle dance a metaphor
my sadness the gift I bear


[dreamku series on two dreams of 3-6-13. Photo “Night Work” by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- very brief comparison of dreamku and haiku: DREAMKU ARE NOT HAIKU

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a short up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home