Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, September 19, 2016

A PROFUSION OF LIMBS (photo) & THE PERFORMANCE (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE PERFORMANCE

she's living in New York City yet
right here in California at the same time,
a long distance closeness, so to speak

we snuggle on the couch, happy to see
each other on one of her infrequent
appearances, and when I reach out
hesitantly to caress her heavily pregnant
belly she nods a smiling yes

the baby's very active, constantly
stretching out her limbs (somehow
I'm certain it's a "her"), making
my friend's belly expand and wobble
under my hand

I'm positive this means birth
is imminent, even though the due
date isn't for a few weeks yet,
which my friend softly confirms
when I inquire

then the babe's arms appear out
of my friend's dark green tunic,
followed by her head with a shock
of curly dark hair, and the rest of her
landing easily in my hands, sans any
labor pains at all on my friend's part

and she immediately starts talking
(to her mother, to me, to anyone
who'll listen) and I'm not at all
surprised given both her parents
are super intelligent

this bright infant's been born
into a new world as if simply taking
a bow between partially closed curtains
after a performance


[free verse poem on a dream of 9-18-16. Believe it or not this dream has a painful "Wake up to yourself!" aspect, to it, too. In fact, it's that aspect that is most important to me right now, as much as I tried to deny it as I wrote this piece. It's too much to go into here or I would explain why this is so. Photo "A Profusion of Limbs" (9-15-16 005v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home