Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, July 10, 2016

MOVING ON (photo) & FOR ETHRIDGE (on a dream) by Roswila


FOR ETHRIDGE
(a deceased neighbor)

the fact that he's deceased
registers when I first sight him
but figures not at all in our very brief
encounter as he opens the door out
to the nighttime street and pauses
long enough to say something to me

he looks so young and handsome
that I almost didn't recognize him
maybe it was his stay in the hospital
that's made such tremendous changes

it seems he's simply stopped by
to encourage me to continue doing
exactly what I have been and is gone
before I can ask for clarification

the warm sweep of his positivity
leaves me thinking that maybe I've found
a fully life-affirming path at last


[on a dream of 7-9-16. When Ethridge died I regretted not having gotten to know him better. What I did know of him is consistent with what he does in this dream. What's intriguing to me is the timing. It's an affirmation of a very recent change I've been "trying on for size" in how I am in my life. I actually wrote a poem about that change before sleep last night (and may post it tomorrow). Photo "Moving On" (7-10-16 004v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home