Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, October 15, 2015

THUNDERSTORM (photomorph) & THE SENTIENT TREES (dream haibun) by Roswila


THE SENTIENT TREES

The long violet and pale green branches of the sentient trees toss. I tell my friend this is my favorite time of day. When their branches flicker like stripper's boas in the sky, turning into lightning fast whippers.

dominating
the darkling sky
armed trees


[haibun dreamed/written 3-16-06, and slightly tweaked 10-15-15. I'm choosing to re-post this very old dream haibun (prose capped by a haiku) because of the thunder storm we had here last night. The first lightning strike of the storm (some time before 6:00 p.m.) scared the behoositz out of me, the light and the sound hitting simultaneously. It was louder and closer than any of us I spoke with afterward have ever experienced. I found out this morning it hit a pole only three blocks from here, blowing out a transformer. Which of course is why we lost all electric power as it hit -- just as I was taking laundry out of a dryer in our ground floor laundry room. What an adventure after that for me, getting those three loads of laundry up to my second floor rooms with my walker and a heavy package I'd just gotten. A friend (blessings!) carried it all up in a series of climbs. While I managed to sloooowly haul my arthritic self up the once. Before that friend came along (as I was pondering sleeping with all my stuff in our ground floor lounge overnight should the power not come back on) I was heartened to see emergency responders coming to aid a resident who has an electric powered medical device. Then once home I had a relaxing and unusual couple of hours listening to music on a battery powered radio, and reading by a battery powered lamp. The electric was back on by about 8:30 pm. BTW, the storm gave our drought ridden area a good, brief drenching. Was this storm a foreshadowing of the much ballyhooed El Niño storms that are being predicted for this winter? Photomorph "Thunderstorm" (10-7-15 003v3y) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home