Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, July 04, 2015

SEEKING A WAY OUT (photomorph) & UNOPENED (dream narrative) by Roswila


UNOPENED

several friends and I explore
the maze of hallways in the new
campground's administration building

as we pass one large glass door
I see people rushing around inside
the room and get a distinctly sci-fi
feeling of peril about it all

as if, yes, they're trapped in there
but to free them would be
to release a dangerously insane
logic they've always lived by
into the general meme pool

yet my friends and I are expected
to pry the door open and release
that chaotic crowd of folk
since we're known as skilled helpers

I somehow sense it's imperative
not to out my deeply negative take
on those imprisoned in the room,
so start to fake a thoughtful pushing
at the stuck door to slide it open,
along with my friends, whom I soon
discover are faking their own efforts

I suppose it might make more sense
to simply tell the folk in charge
of this summer getaway spot
about our perceptions of danger
behind this unopened glass door
but neither I nor my friends, it seems,
see that as a viable option

what goes on behind closed doors
should stay there, even and especially
when one can see right through them


["poetically licensed" narrative on a dream of 7-3-15. Photomorph "Seeking Release" (5-1-13 12632ev5) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home