Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, November 03, 2014

THE SPELL IS CAST (photomorph) & WITCH OF THE WILLOWS (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


WITCH OF THE WILLOWS

From the heart of meditation’s flame
I transport to a treasured time,
a childhood place
where ancient powers gather
like underground water
welling to pools on the leaf strewn surface.

And the willows, how they writhe in the winds
that bring the fall rain.
The sweet hair of branches serving as reins
as I ride a storm willow,
and the pools draw nigh to silver lakes.

How the quiet delight of awakening power
climbs up my spine like wax up a wick
then bursts into flight, an impossible flame
on the whipping wet wind.

I give warning to all of my impending arrival,
bare back and bathed in the aura of fire,
dripping with silver:

I, young sister of Hecate, and Witch of the Willows,
will someday change the world!


[non-dream poem written in the late 1970's, based on a childhood memory (previously posted a few years back). Ah! Would that I were still able to access such grand and energetic optimism. Failing that, still be able to climb stairs in lieu of trees. But I'd settle extremely happily for walking without a cane. Changing the topic: I always choose the photo to go with the poem. Today I've done the reverse. I wanted to share the morph I made of this selfie I took in my Halloween witch hat. It's called "The Spell Is Cast" (11-1-14 010v5). Click here to see another version along with the unfudged original pic and one with a different focus altogether. Photo & Poem by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,







[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home