Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, October 18, 2014

BLOCKED AT EVERY TURN (photomorph) & DO I LOOK LIKE LUNCH? (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


DO I LOOK LIKE LUNCH?

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep..."
no, that's someone else's path
and this is most certainly my own fix,
lost in woods I'd expected to enjoy exploring ...
yikes! a polar bear, a hugely underweight one
so it's got to have an even larger appetite
I spin around and rush off through the brush
that grabs at my legs and ankles as I pass ...
and another skinny white bear suddenly
rears up before me, I turn on my heel ...
and yet another one, I double back again
nearly tripping on my sneakered feet ...
I understand hunger's imperatives
but why are they here, out of their element
in these lush temperate woods?
at least each bear I nearly collide with
leaves me no doubt about
which direction to go in,
anywhere it isn't ...
finding a way out of these woods
no longer my prime concern,
I stumble down barely passable
woodland paths, fleeing haphazardly
from one starving polar bear after another


[free verse poem on a dream of 10-16-14. Phew! This is another many-layered dream. And it had an odd mood. One might think it was nightmarish. But not at all. I certainly had no doubt about fleeing those polar bears, but I also had a sympathy and concern for them. A dead giveaway that they represent aspects of myself, I'd say. :-) And those aspects? Appetites of all kinds, especially affectional (too long an explanation on this) and, of course, for food. Were I a skilled lucid dreamer I'm fairly certain I would have stopped and asked one of those bears what it needed from me. Running from one's own needs/cravings isn't a very effective strategy. And that thought recalls The Moon card in The Manga Tarot:

There's a lot more in this dream but I'll leave it at this. BTW, that opening line I quote is from Robert Frost's famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening." Photomorph "Blocked At Every Turn" (9-20-14 015v8b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home