Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, June 12, 2014

EGG OF UNREASON (photo art) & THE ENDLESS FRAY (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE ENDLESS FRAY

Dream One:

she exits the elevator leaving me alone
with all her garbage strewn
like gargantuan confetti
across the checked tile floor

my anger's quickly usurped by a certainty:
I'd better pick it all up, no matter how difficult,
for simply seeing me standing here
when the doors open will lead others
to assume I'm the one who dropped
it all like hot potatoes


Dream Two:

somehow I know I'll be blamed for this horrible
late night break-in, for this nameless
thief in the night, as if simply
surviving the tornado of his passage
were proof enough of guilt


Dream Three:

he's drawn a bead on reuniting
with his estranged wife, my best friend,
but neither she nor I feel
he's any less angry than before

when he embraces her I sense she's relenting
and about to let him in again,
even as his cutting intent glints
in his hooded eyes

how can I ever hope to separate them,
this dear but weak-willed woman
and this huge abusive man?
yet I know how guilty I'll feel
if I don't risk life and limb
and stay in the middle
of this endless fray


[three part free verse poem on three separate dreams of 6-9-14. This dream/poem is from the height of my PMS (pre-moon syndrome) three evenings ago. I'm grateful the full moon is finally here today. I'll now feel better. Probably only a wee bit, but I'll take every little improvement offered. Photo art "Egg of Unreason" (9-15-13 007v15) is one of those pix of mine whose shapes have enticed several versions, a couple previously posted; by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home