Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, March 16, 2014

MAKING A LIST (photo art) & NEW BLOOD (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


NEW BLOOD

back from attempting to climb
that mountain again, empty and rattling
with age, the train squeals to a stop
in the down lands station

puffs of gray smoke rise from its stack
in the chilly morning air, this had been
the most hopeful ride of all,
flagging only as the goal came
into sight above the last ridge,
promising a view of the valley
rumored to shine on the other side

the stop here short, time only to cool
off and re-stock before trying
the climb yet again, the list
of provisions for the trip longer
than ever before, the newest needs
added to the familiar fading
dog-eared list printed boldly in red:
the color of new blood


[free verse poem on a dream of 3-15-14. As soon as I began recalling this dream I got quite a giggle out of an association to that child's story "The Little Engine That Could." My father often quoted it's catch phrase of "I think I can" to me. As even as child I fell easily into believing I just couldn't do something and would summarily so declare. I feel as if he visited me via this dream, shoring me up for the trip. Photo art "Making A List" (12-24-13 004v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[aka: Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home