Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, March 27, 2014

FADE TO BLACK (photo art) & MAYBE THERE'S ANOTHER (dream narrative) by Roswila


MAYBE THERE'S ANOTHER

... maybe there's another outfit
in my closet that's both clean
and fits, I'd really rather
not put on this old black one,
it's boring and I've worn it
so many times before ... but dang it!
the hazards of meeting one's
budget by shopping in Thrift Stores,
or rather, of being too impatient to
check out what one buys there!
look at all the rips and stains
in odd places on these clothes
that I'd have seen had I been less
concerned with time and achy knees,
oh, pishwah, if I were more willing
to take the time ... sigh ...
nothing else suits my suddenly
thorough eye ... I'll have to wear
these old black clothes ... well,
at least now I've got the message:
it's long past time to give
how I present myself
a careful overhaul


[narrative on a dream of 3-26-14. I immediately associated clothing to the psychological term of "persona." I.e., "The persona, for Swiss psychologist Carl Jung, was the social face the individual presented to the world—a kind of mask, designed on the one hand to make a definite impression upon others, and on the other to conceal the true nature of the individual." (Wikipedia) And being stuck with only a black outfit gave me the clue to the idea of an overhaul. As black in a dream can sometimes represent "parts of a new personality emerging" (Hoss Color Questionnaire for Dreamwork). May it be so! I hasten to add that in the past black has also represented mourning in my dreams. This is certainly consistent not only with the "death" of a personality or parts thereof, but with the recent actual death of my younger brother. (That latter loss is still not unexpectedly creating intense ripples.) Photo art "Fade to Black" (3-26-14 021v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,







[aka: Patricia Kelly]


**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home