Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, June 29, 2013

IT'S A GIRL! (photo) & GOING & COMING (two dreamku series) by Roswila


GOING & COMING

Dream One

first, a toddler's playpen,
then, a small grey haired monkey
with a friendly face,
then, a human infant bounces
in for their usual playdate

but there'll be no more
wrestling or toys tossed around,
the sweet old monkey's
dying, but still it calmly
radiates affection

a much subdued babe
curls up against the soft monkey:
their Mona Lisa smiles


Dream Two

the sense of danger
that surrounded the pregnancy
pops when she gives birth
yes! and it's a perfect girl!
relief becomes celebration

a friend approaches
and wants to know why I'm staring
"Look at the father,
I say, "he's giving the giggling
infant her first hair cut"

I point out how he
carefully checks each strand against
a small wood ruler,
so that her shiny dark blonde
tresses will be neat and trim

"And she already shows a sense of humor,"
I add silently, "she'll need it to measure up"


[two dreamku series written on two separate dreams of 6-27-13. As I said here yesterday, I'd thought this post would wind up in free verse, but when I sat down to actually write about the dreams they came out in dreamku form. Not a clue as to why, just an urging at a feeling level. I've had several baby dreams recently. But these two are the first in which the baby is healthy, and present (as opposed to lost in some way). Guess that's progress. The connecting thread between the two dreams is sadness. The first has a level of comfort to it, though, and a naturalness. While the second is about the discomfort of needing to "measure up," of trying to meet other's standards. I woke up singing a line from an old Beatle's song "Baby you can drive my car..." LOL! But it can also be interpreted somewhat seriously as who/what is driving a car in my dreams often indicates what part of me is controlling my behavior. Photo "It's A Girl!" by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to relate to any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

Also please note that a dreamku is not intended as an interpretation of a dream, or even a complete and accurate rendering of one. A dreamku is my attempt to get down dream imagery/action that grabs me and, as I write about it, elicits my conscious written association and response. Nor do I believe that one has to remember dreams in order for them to do their work. In my understanding, we are much more than our conscious selves.

You may also note in any further reading on dreamku you may do, that in the beginning I stressed "showing, not telling." However, that has been changing for some time now. I now tend to "show" (the dream narrative) and cap if off with a "tell" (some reaction and/or insight I've had to the dream as I was writing about it).

For more in-depth exploration:

-- very brief comparison of dreamku and haiku: DREAMKU ARE NOT HAIKU

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a short up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home