Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, February 14, 2013

HOLDING BACK (photo) & THE FULL TRUTH (dreamku series) by Roswila


THE FULL TRUTH

the strange young woman
and I climb the subway stairs
I’m going to show
her around New York City
as this is her first visit

I proudly tell her
I haven’t been here in five years
but it feels like home
as the words leave my lips
I realize it’s not the full truth

beneath the welcome
sight of Manhattan’s brightly
lit night-time buildings
an anxious tension buzzes
I turn to warn the stranger

she’s gone a ghost who’s done her haunting


[three tanka with a capping monoku on a dream of 2-12-13. Still having to “re-cycle” photos posted previously to either this or my photo blog. The change in the blogger system still doesn’t give me the coding for any new picture even though it indicates it’s uploaded the photo. So this photo of mine above, “Holding Back,” was first posted here almost two years ago. It’s frustrating beyond having to use ones I’ve used before whether I want to or not. It really narrows my field of choice. And I often get the itch to edit them slightly in some way but even if I do, could not get the posting code for that new version. Enough complaining. Hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day!]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- very brief comparison of dreamku and haiku: DREAMKU ARE NOT HAIKU

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a short up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home