Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

PENMANSHIP (photo) & THE CRITIC (dreamku series) by Roswila



THE CRITIC

his scathing critique
of my hand lettering draft –
hey, man, can you spell
“draft”? and I made no promises
for this long unused hand-eye skill

then, pray tell, why are you demanding
that I do this onerous project over again?

get someone else or would no one else stand for you?


[a tanka and two-liner topped by a monoku. More and more I’m wanting to emphasize that the only one of these forms I confidently identify is the three line “dreamku.” (Not in the above series.) I tend to use all the other terms – tanka, two-liner, and monoku – very loosely. I’d probably even stop mentioning what they are except that what little of these forms’ parameters I adhere to do have an impact on what and how I write. An impact that I find helpful. Anyway, to this dream/ku. Yup, I’ve been an old cranky pants now for several days. Actually, far worse than a cranky pants and about at the end of my rope. Though I do think I’ve identified the precipitating factors, which should be starting to pass now. As usual, I identify them as they turn to go out the door. Photo “Penmanship” by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- very brief comparison of dreamku and haiku: DREAMKU ARE NOT HAIKU

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a short up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home