Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

TREES OF LIGHT (photo) & FOR NOW (dreamku series) by Roswila



FOR NOW

“b-b-but you’re
driving on the left side”
I say, a bit scared –
she chuckles, telling me this
is the side they drive on here

calmed, I relax and
look out the side window
toward the wide river
omigosh! small colored globes
shine in the twilight and water

lights of all colors
have been strung across ship riggings
and tall billboards
I gasp and my dear old friend
says that I should see it later,

there will be more ships lit up at anchor
and the sky will be a velvety black

but I know we’ll not pass this way again
and I am filled for now with light


[three tanka, and two two-liners on a dream of 1-14-13. I would not have given a plug nickel when I went to sleep Monday night that I’d have such a touching dream. I find this “balancing out” that a dream sometimes offers me, quite a welcome gift during tough passes in my life. I should add that January 14th (night of this dream) was the birthday of an actual dear old friend of mine, who may very well be at the end of her own journey. And there are times -- this being one of them -- when I become more than usually aware of the rapid passing of my own life as others in this retirement community I live in pass on. Right now, for now, I am in touch with a determination to see the beauty in every moment, in every face. Photo “Trees of Light” by Roswila, one of my earliest photos, taken on our retirement community grounds]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home