Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, October 18, 2012

LAZY AFTERNOON (photo) & LIFE WITH FATHER (dream tanka series) by Roswila



LIFE WITH FATHER

our father says he’ll
help me and a younger sibling
decide where to place
furniture and pictures, now
that a fourth person’s moved out

I mistakenly
assume we’ll each get a vote
on what to put where
but our father indulges
his tyrannical bent

not only does he
readily veto our choices
but he won’t listen
so that I must constantly
repeat everything we suggest

frustration rises
I grab his hand and chomp
down on it gently:
sometimes the hand that feeds you
deserves a little bite


[four tanka on a dream of 10-17-12. It was a very busy night last night; this is only the first of at least a half dozen dreams I recall. Including a novella-like one on which I’ve already drafted a series that I’ll probably post tomorrow. That dream also contains “father” and a reference to moving out, and is a study in contrasts. Then, the last dream I had before waking put me in the parenting position, happily caring for and carrying around a large male infant who spoke like an adult. Photo “Lazy Afternoon” by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home