Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, October 06, 2012

FISHING FOR THE MOON (photo) & THE TANGLED HOLD (dreamku series) by Roswila



THE TANGLED HOLD

the shadow figure
slips into her bedroom before
the white wood door shuts
it glides silently to her bedside
hovering behind her turned back

she strains to roll over
and face it down, but can
neither lift nor turn
even her heavy head from
the tangled hold of her bed

what is it stands there
behind her, a neap tide of fear
gravitating toward it
like some midnight ocean
bedeviled by a full moon …

no, she’ll not have this! she wrenches herself awake


[three tanka capped by a monoku on a dream of 10-5-12. Photo “Fishing for the Moon” by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

It's not surprising many blogs resemble each other, given most of us use blogger's templates. I suppose I could modify any of their templates, but I'd rather spend the time doing my posts. As long as it's somewhat pleasing to my eye and doesn't compete too much with the posts,I can live with a template. Glad my choice of template meets with your approval.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home