Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, October 04, 2012

CAPPING THE WELL (photo) & THE EASTER BASKET (tanka series) by Roswila



THE EASTER BASKET

the cookie-flower
images float, filling the wall
from edge to edge
still uncertain what they are
I stand staring at them

their pastel colors
call to mind a giant
Easter basket, its
candies and eggs wistfully
peeking from shiny fake grass

nostalgia rises
like a physical hunger –
enough of what’s gone!
as if it were a window
I shut the vision down


[three tanka on a dream of 10-3-12. In the vein of yesterday’s post, here’s another wish fulfillment dream. I have been in one of those periods in my life when memories and all sorts of attendant emotions have been haunting me. I should also note the food references. The primary way I have dealt with overwhelming emotions and/or memories has been to eat. BTW, I’ve not given up on my recent healthy eating campaign. But it’s clear I’m smack dab in the middle of the most challenging aspect of this change: finding other healthful ways to calm myself than to eat too much and/or unhealthy foods. And that Easter tanka is a good illustration of how I feel in life in general: yearning for rebirth, but fearful of it (all that candy, and a strong association to “snake in the grass”). Lastly, this was also vaguely lucid at the end as I was aware I was ending a dream when I “shut” the image down. Photo “Capping the Well” by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 1:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok. wo

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

OK, wo. Maybe next time say a little more? I just had a laugh thinking I might be encouraging an auto-spam program. (Shut that window!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home