Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, September 14, 2012

POPPED HOOD (photo) & A YELLOW PAIR (a tanka & a dreamku series) by Roswila



A YELLOW PAIR

I

a wall of water
rises slowly and surely
from the ocean waves
it pours overland as crowds
flee rapidly before it

they all seem to be
children, ragged rushing kids
some tripping as they
look over their bony shoulders
then getting up to run again

then an organized
group of small school girls
practically parades
away from the tumbling wall
of unstoppable water

they appear calm and
walk in step with each other
their pale yellow uniforms
in stark contrast to the other
children’s dark tumult


II

he and I both have
large containers of raw
unshelled eggs
mine winds up auto-cooking
in something perfumey

I really like eggs
but these look more curdled
than properly cooked
he nods yes, and looking down
his nose says “It’s the perfume”

I start dumping out
this messy ugly mixture
he’s already moved on


[four dream tanka and a tanka pair capped by a dreamku on two separate dreams of 9-13-12. Have no idea what the connection may be between these two dreams. I almost always find a night of dreaming has at least a slim thread connecting all its dreams. The only common point here is the color yellow. I “saw” the yellow of those school girl uniforms and of the cooked eggs. That’s a place to start. So I just checked Bob Hoss’s chart in “Working with Color in Dreams” (you can google for the full chart) and the meanings for yellow that may be applicable here are: I need to find a way out of this circumstance or relationship and I need a change. Additionally, there's the usual associations of yellow [roses] with friendship, and with calling someone yellow meaning they're a coward. I also note that a liquid is central to both dreams which certainly indicates strong emotions. Last, this makes the fifth night in a row I’ve had a food dream. Photo “Popped Hood” by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home