Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, September 13, 2012

IN THE LAND OF CHOCOLATE (photo) & TO THAW OR NOT TO THAW (dreamku series) by Roswila



TO THAW OR NOT TO THAW

how selfish of him!
to leave our freezer door
ajar like this

because he forgot
to thaw his ice cream cake in
time is no excuse,
all of us have food in there
that we don’t want thawed out yet

his deeply frozen
chocolate ice cream cake rests
on the door’s edge
should I move it back, shut the
door, and risk a meltdown with him?

that’s a thaw devoutly to be wished – not!
but our stuff matters, too – I reach to move the cake


[three tanka capped by a two-liner on a dream of 9-12-11. Fourth night in succession with food in it, and the second referencing a fridge (here, the freezer section). Clearly my on-going dietary changes are affecting my dreams. It would be odd if they didn’t since the changes are affecting a great deal in my life. However, as I mentioned here yesterday there are also metaphorical levels to this food and fridge imagery such as emotional nourishment and interpersonal relationships. Photo “In the Land of Chocolate” by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I really think this website wants far more consideration. I'll probably be again to learn way more, thanks for that info.

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

I'll take a shot that this is a genuine comment. (I'm rather jaded when it comes to the ways spam comments get disguised.) Hope you do visit again and, if so, that you leave a more detailed comment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home