Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, May 02, 2010


"Do Not
Pick Off
Means You
Please"

The above is my contribution to The New York Times "A Moment in Time" global photography event that took place today at 15:00 UTC (8:00 a.m. here in Goleta, CA). Here's a link to all the information about this project: A MOMENT IN TIME.

Very briefly put, the idea is to have photos from all around the world that were taken at the same actual time. They will all be assembled and posted in a "mosaic" online in a few days. I will post the link to it here once it's up.

This poignant sign is in a corner cactus garden of the retirement community in which I live. We residents wait excitedly for each of the various buds to open and are saddened when one is occasionally then picked in secret for private viewing only.

I grumbled extensively when I had to get up at 6:30 this morning in order to be out scouting photo ops for the event by 7:30. But I'm now actually very grateful as I was re-reminded of how beautiful our grounds are in the early morning light.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,





**** [aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home