Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, July 29, 2006

URBAN HAIKU II

[New York City skyline photo: webshots.com]

"Urban haiku” is how a friend of mine refers to haiku written about city scenes. I think that makes a nice distinction between these haiku and the more commonly known nature-themed haiku. See the post here "Urban Haiku," dated May 30, 2006 for more of my urban haiku.

The below were written as long ago as 1999 and as recently as this month, most in the past eight months or so.



we push our carts
on the shady side
the temperature soars

*

hot laundromat
she speaks Korean
I use hand gestures

*

a neighbor hoses
her terrace:
garbage cans drum

*

outgrowing my home
the dracena I raised
from a sprout

*

office tree
leans to the light
accommodation

*

train delay, but oh,
the ice revealing
every tree branch

*

subway serenade:
in his shiny guitar
my tired face

*

leaf litter swirls
workers hurry
homeward

*

end of the line
subway graffiti
softened by fog

*

after her death
cleaning my roomate's closet
little by little

*

houseplants reflected
in the silver gazing ball
winter rain

*


Two One-Liners:
[A form being used more these days. It echos, to me, the one line form of Japanese haiku in calligraphy -- except that is a vertical line.]

Nor'easter -- bowling on the roof

*

a lengthy pause -- still I flinch at the thunder

* * * *

Resource: Simply Haiku, an e-journal for haiku and related forms.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home