Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, September 20, 2015

THE CUBE CONSUMED (photomorph) & ONE MORE TIME (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


ONE MORE TIME

all these entanglements,
none of which I sought
but find myself in nevertheless

... that dying woman my adolescent friend
cares about, and I, comforting my young
friend and becoming attached myself

and as the woman dies my seeing the spirit
of her deceased first husband meeting
her in a doorway of light to guide her,
her second still living husband
arriving too late to say good-bye
but grateful to hear she has a guide

while I feel sad for us all but relieved
that this time I was not called upon
to be a psychopomp*

... that young woman marine, trying
again to court marshal me for changing
my name, and me responding calmly
despite my agitation "So, blog names
are still not permissible?" and she
retorting as if it's all too obvious "Yes,
as I said before, how otherwise can we
maintain an accurate 'no fly' list?"

another youthful female marine defending
me in the pre-trial meeting (redux)
and the charge being dismissed (again),
but I still trying to find out what's
with that young woman who keeps
levying this charge, as something's off
about her and I worry for her well-being

... that man ... that man again!
sigh, will he ever leave me be, he sure
doesn't hew to "handsome is as handsome
does," then again, his good looks
and fancy patter probably dazzle him
into numbing denial just like they do
everyone else, but I simply cannot bear
the bone deep discomfort of being
one rigid side of this dark
and precisely defined square,
no matter how neat it looks

yeah, one of three -- count the fingers
I'm holding up -- three women,
squared off in this relationship with him,
he gluing it together from the fourth side
with the intense energy of his yearning

and no one else but me sensing that
the underlying structure to this
entrapping square is built from his fear:
the horrendous, electric itch that compels me
to fight free of it, one more time


[free verse poem based on three dreams of 9-19-15. *Psychopomp = a guide of souls to the place of the dead. Very briefly put, this is an odd series of dreams. At first blush, rather forward looking. But as I worked on the draft poem I began to own that fear at the end as my own and to look at what that means to me psychologically. I also see Tarot cards in these three scenarios: The Magician (sometimes seen as a psychopomp), Justice (courts and legal issues can show in this card), and The Emperor (his number is four and a cube is often associated with him). I'll be looking at these three cards as a reading later today when I have time. Photomorph "The Cube Consumed" (10-20-09 7665v2eh) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home