Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, June 20, 2015

CALL OF THE DIDJERIDU (photo by a friend of Roswila, edited by Roswila), & FOOL ENOUGH (poetically licensed dream narrative) by Roswila


FOOL ENOUGH

first, I lose my shoulder bag (just say "mea culpa,"
prompts Observer Eye, "you know from long
experience not to leave it unattended")

then, my didjeridu gets stolen and a cheap plastic flute
left in the emptied carry case (Observer Eye very
reluctantly admits that this one's also on the thief)

next, a dizzying bit of foolishness (but only Observer Eye
judges it so, as Embodied I finds the effort grounding)
I organize and start to teach a beginner's ballet class,
even managing a few listing pirouettes while chattering on
about how I took ballet classes as a child

of course that child's feelings then get punctured when I
spontaneously offer my deep affection to a friend
who tells me (in a tone like Observer Eye's) that there's
a far more fitting way I could have done it

then, again and again, the end of the evening's last dream
returns to hosing water into a small tub packed with laundry
on an empty patio (Observer Eye scolds at last:
"And the dirty laundry's not even your own..."
I could almost read support in this parting shot,
if I were fool enough)


["poetically licensed" narrative on a dream of 6-19-15. Just in case it's not clear, the title is important to this narrative. I would hope that the reader on finishing the last stanza will ponder what the title now brings to the narrative's conclusion. I've often only half jokingly wondered if an ouroboros learns anything from holding its own tail in its mouth. In this case, I definitely did! Photo "Call of the Didjeridu" (1-11-09 1473ev3), Roswila playing one of her didjeridus 7-1/2 years ago]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,







[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home