Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, November 27, 2014

MOON MIRROR (photo) & A YOUNG GIRAFFE'S DREAM (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


A YOUNG GIRAFFE'S DREAM

why do they seem so surprised?
all I've heard since I was knee high
to the herd's tallest old one
is how I'm going to have very
high pockets, even for a giraffe
and especially for a female

I guess that's why I've dared to dream
of one day crossing that wide moon river,
the one I love to see curving
like a bright smile
on the moon's full face

this is all probably (if you'll pardon
the pun) a very tall order, but maybe
when I'm fully grown I'll
stick my neck way out
and nuzzle the moon gently
against its pale cheek


[free verse poem on a dream of 11-26-14. I was singing Moon River throughout this dream. And lest I forget: Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for more than I could reasonably list here, even the struggles and challenges. I am indeed fortunate. Photo "Moon Mirror" (11-14-14 027v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,







[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM , Blogger LGD said...

How delightful :) I do not regret my young giraffe dreams. The ones that can't ever come true were worth dreaming of. I'm old enough now to know that. And I'm still young enough to think the others may yet come true.

 
At 1:54 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Yes, it was a sweet dream, with just a dash of sorrow. My association to the moon in this dream is to my mother who died when I was 10. (And much more than I can or should go into here.) One of our Santa Barbara zoo giraffes, BTW, just had a baby. What a baby ... 6'3" ! ... and the other is due in December. So I'm sure those news clips influenced this dream's choice of symbol. As to dreams of the daytime kind? My life would be awfully arid without them. I'm glad you're still dreaming, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home