Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, September 20, 2014

BAITED TRAP (photomorph) & EIGHT OF SWORDS (non-dream Tarot tanka) by Roswila


EIGHT OF SWORDS
(in the Universal Fantasy Tarot)

no mother hen here
from her breast seven blades curve
creating a cage
I kneel within its compass
dodging her long beak’s kiss


[non-dream tanka written in early December 2010 based on the Eight of Swords card in the Universal Fantasy Tarot:

I posted this tanka back then to my Tarot Gallery & Journal. I'm not surprised it grabbed my attention a couple of days ago as I've been having to cope with an aspect of myself much like it describes. And it's one of those times when there isn't much to be done but to keep dodging the negativity as best as possible until release. BTW, there are other ways one can read this artist's version of the Eight of Swords card. E.g., one could see the bird as being protective in some way. This tanka is simply a reflection of my initial response to seeing this rather unusual design for a familiar card. Photomorph "Baited Trap" (9-19-14 001v5) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home