Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, April 13, 2014

DRAINING (photo art) & IN A DRY TIME (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


IN A DRY TIME

the rock star with a white blonde
buzz cut crowds my bathroom sink
as if it were bathtub

she's been lounging in it
and bathing for a very long time
with the water running all the while

I know she's aware there's a drought
emergency, who wouldn't be?
it's been flooding the T.V. news
and other media for months

enough's way more than enough!
I shut the water faucet down
with a loud slap

she looks up startled through a mound
of sliding bubbles ... Okay ...
I relent and give her a few more
seconds of running water to rinse
with, then shut the water down
again, and turn away to get on
with my day:

I have much more interesting
(if less important) things to do
than to monitor this spoiled
rock star's use of water


[free verse poem on a dream of 4-12-14. As mentioned in a previous post, California is in a drought emergency. This is the first direct reference to it in my dreams. It was largely precipitated by my plan to wash my very long (white) hair this morning. Although I've developed ways of greatly conserving on the amount of water I use when doing so, I still feel a bit guilty every time I wash it. Not only that, but I was spoiled by a life time of the soft water in New York City which rinses things clean much more quickly than California's hard water. BTW, that "rock star with a ... buzz cut" is a good example of how dreams sometimes have symbols that are the exact opposite of the things they're about. Photo art "Draining" (3-26-14 021v9) by Roswila]
PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[aka: Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home