Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, May 19, 2013

GUARDIAN DRAGON (photo) & AT THE GARAGE SALE (dreamku series) by Roswila



AT THE GARAGE SALE

sigh, mashed again
this time by an erstwhile friend
however no sweat
he backs off readily
when I ask for more space

but he won’t muzzle
his pushy opinions:
I’m intensely drawn
to a music tape for sale
on a table of odds and ends

its title “The Heart
of Darkness” in murky
black calligraphy
obstructs a moody photo
of a climbing koala bear

(I recall that koala's may harbor
bad tempers and suppress a wry laugh)

the erstwhile friend tells
me to wait until the end
of the day, the tape
will certainly still be here
and the price marked way down

he may well be right
but there’s something to be said
for the here and now
and now I want to buy this tape
(no matter it’s murky aspect,

no matter no one else might want
to rise like a vine on its dark music)


[a mix of tanka and two-liners on a dream of 5-16-13. Phew! My first post with my new computer system. So much yet to learn about getting it all set up for ease of use (like where to find the function to increase the on screen font size -- my poor old eyes). And working between differing programs and the internet (which I do constantly when making a post) is just enough different now to raise shades of this koala's temper. And finding my photos? Ack! I expected all of these issues, but expectation is different from experience, yes? I know this will all pass and habit happily settle in again. I just wanted to vent a little bit. By the way I dreamed the above before setting up my new computer system (with the endlessly appreciated help of a friend), so it's addressing other issues. Photo “Guardian Dragon” by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to relate to any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

Also please note that a dreamku is not intended as an interpretation of a dream, or even a complete and accurate rendering of one. A dreamku is my attempt to get down dream imagery/action that grabs me and, as I write about it, elicits my conscious written association and response. Nor do I believe that one has to remember dreams in order for them to do their work. In my understanding, we are much more than our conscious selves.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- very brief comparison of dreamku and haiku: DREAMKU ARE NOT HAIKU

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a short up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home