Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, January 04, 2013

THE EYE OF THE STORM (photo) & IT WAS A DARK & STORMY NIGHT (dreamku series) by Roswila



IT WAS A DARK & STORMY NIGHT
(last dream of the evening)

the cavernous main
floor hospital halls echo
with the announcement:
a massive storm’s approaching
no one should leave the premises

and no one seems to
want to go, but why do they
stand by the glass doors?
and why aren’t the chain link
burglar gates being rolled down?

true, the glass might still
break, but large flying objects
would be caught and stopped …
she moves way back from the doors
and stands around a corner

out of the line of possible flying glass
she calls out to others to do the same


[three tanka topped by a two-liner on a dream of 1-2-12. I'm having strong associations to the expressions "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" and "We're all in this together." In any case, this was the last dream of the night; the first of the evening was posted here yesterday. See comments to yesterday’s post -- directly below this one -- for some “analysis.” This dream above is somewhat of an advance on the first one. This is not uncommon for me in a night of dreams. As if something gets worked through. I’ve also noted that dreams from earliest in the night tend to be the most intense and often have the least realistic images. My dreams last night (1-3-13) were filled with friends from my past and a few favorite celebrities. I even did some (accurate) singing of an old movie song. The earliest dream, though, was very anxious. A strange man had a knife and was intent on hurting me. Another man was helpful as I continued to escape the clutches of the man with the knife. Hm, I will explore later what further info there may be for me in this series of more than usually anxious dream scenarios. It is rather odd for me to have one, much less three of them. And I wonder if it has anything to do with today being my 69th birthday. Well, at the very least those dreams gave me the excuse to mention that. :-D Photo “Eye of the Storm” by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home