Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

PROCESSION (photo) & PREPARATION (dreamku series) by Roswila



PREPARATION

“Pre-e-e-pare ye
the way of the Lord,
pre-e-e-pare ye
the way of the Lord” ... recall
of a Godspell song I love

I sing out proudly,
my aging soprano for once
cooperating
the young man seems to enjoy
my fondness for this musical

he’s not seen or heard the show but something
of it must come through – his shining face


[two tanka capped by a two-liner on a dream of 8-7-12. I’d not have given a plug nickel that I’d have a dream about sharing joy last night. So, you really never know! Of course, it’s basically a wish fulfillment dream, but even that’s an improvement. And that reference to “the Lord”? I don’t necessarily see that in a religious sense, but in a more psychological way as my search for self-mastery. However, I don’t totally discount the possibility of spiritual meaning. Oh, and those “e’s” in the first and third line lyrics? They are each sung on different notes, and give a certain sense of anticipation to what follows, IMHO. Not to mention just sounding lovely. One last thing: I “actually” sang the lyrics quoted in the first four lines several times in the dream and “heard” them clearly. Photo “Procession” by Roswila; I’ve also posted this photo as a possible Strength card in my Found Tarot – is that an open mouth? and with respect to this dream/ku might it be singing?]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and OPENING TO THE LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home