Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, May 27, 2018

RELEASE (photo) & IT'S ODD (dream narrative) by Roswila


IT'S ODD

it's odd to turn to The President
for his support, any niggling
question about his appropriateness
lost beneath my plea; and what's more
strange is dreaming all this from a bit
of a distance, as if it were a movie
or T.V. show, me played by a striking,
young, blond, slim woman, barely out
of her teens, and Trump, well, pretty
much Trump minus the repugnant
attitudes and posturing I
usually see in him

he listens attentively, and with an
uncharacteristic openness, to my urgent
appeal for the release of that young man
I care so much for, to my insistence
that the man has done nothing wrong,
that it's a matter of prejudice, as so much
of what we humans accuse others of
tends to be

for a few suspended seconds I'm afraid
The President will make a pass at me,
but that doesn't seem to be on his mind
at all, as he ponders my petition;
it's quickly clear he agrees with me
though I'm not sure why and I'm
equally unsure as to whether he
really understands the issue at hand

and so I gather in even more courage
from who knows where and comment
in an almost offhand way so as not to
risk offending that ego of his that I
can feel perking quietly beneath his
dark suit: as you know, Mr. President,
people too often demonize
spiritual paths
not their own

The President smiles indulgently and
pats me on the back, ushering me gently
out of his presence, nicely enough but still
much as if the royal audience is over ...
OK by me, I think, at least my woman's
intuition says he really does agree with me
and now all that remains to be seen is
if he manifests it, or chooses a different
action that will get him something else
he wants more than to help a powerless
young activist and his equally powerless
pretty young thing


[narrative on a dream of 5-25-18. In actuality, I cannot abide our President. And as I said in the comments to another dream I had about him some time ago, he's definitely a shadow figure for me. However, I read this dream as being about how the abused child often grows into an adult who keeps seeking help and understanding from people much like their abusers (but not recognizing or rationalizing that resemblance). I could go on (and on) but won't. Suffice it to say this is a jam packed dream. I'll be chewing on it for some time. Just wish I didn't have to give Trump so much space in my head in order to do so. It's enough I have to tolerate him daily on the T.V. News. Photo "Release" 4-22-10 10010v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home