Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, April 30, 2017

THE POEM GESTATES (photomorph) & THE MUSICIAN (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE MUSICIAN

I'd not known this star of that old and still popular
sci-fi/horror T.V. show was really a musician,
and what a musician!

his one man show's incredibly vibrant and wildly
diverse, with cool moments of stillness
between thundering falls and colorful
creative flights

he moves from instrument to instrument quickly
and skillfully, returning at what winds up being
the end of his almost symphonic display to
the beautiful, warm brown wood piano:

he plays on its various surfaces with his strong,
deft hands, as if it were a drum, then plucks
at the delicate carving on the built in music
stand for the final, deep throated,
long lasting note

his face glows with delight as he looks over
his shoulder at the small audience, grinning
and clearly seeking response; I do not know
what to say much less how to say it

I'll have to let a poem sift all the way
up and out of me; I hope he'll have
the patience to wait; it shouldn't
be too long as it's been on
the way for a while


[narrative on a dream of 4-28-17. The guy in this dream was David Dochovny, of The X Files. I've not been a fan or either of them. In fact, I've never liked the show at all. So this dream sets me to wondering who/what in my life I'm not seeing clearly. Actually, I'm more inclined to see it as a wish fulfillment dream: that someone would be different than they are/appear to be, or that they would reveal themselves to me at a more meaningful level. At another, different level, it has a sexual component (never you mind, no details forthcoming if you don't see it, :-D). Photomorph "The Poem Gestates" (4-19-17 022v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home